TM5200 Mk1&2 USB “Quick Look” Manual to UPDATE, ADD, DELETE AND MOVE CHANNELS
Your TM5200 USB has a slot for updating the channels. Inside the front flap, or if the word “super” is on the flap then the USB slot is at the back. Remove the small end cap from the Christian TV USB Pen drive then use F or B
F. for front USB, insert it with the text on the left facing up, and the logo on the right and facing down.
B. for rear USB insert the pen drive into slot next to the mains cable, keeping logo on right. [If the rear slot is hard to get to we can supply a free small extension cable so you work at the front of your satellite box.]
When inserted correctly the light comes on inside the Pen Drive and the TV screen displays (for a few seconds) “initializing USB drive…..”
The best way to update channels is using this USB slot which is for our special Christian TV USB Pen Drives, which also fit your computer. Our drives contain a list of the latest channels available with bad ones removed. This service is free for the first 6 months and free to all our Care and Support clients.
TO UPDATE CHANNEL LIST
Ensure the USB pen drive is inserted as per above then
a. Press green button [USB] on remote to start. Insert PIN **
b. Arrow down to Data Transfer, Press OK, Insert PIN. **
c. Highlight Channels [often shown as Christian TV + date ref] Press OK
d. Highlight NORMAL Press OK Now wait 20secs while system restarts. JOB DONE! Well done
e. Unplug the pen drive. Replace cap and
f. RETURN NOW TO CHRISTIAN TV Buxhall.
Pen drives must be returned within 7 days otherwise we cannot send your next channel update.
No more disconnecting the box and returning to us for retune. WOW Praise the Lord ! for new technology. We have waited years for this.!
GENERAL NOTE: The easiest way to use these receivers is to press OK which reveals the list of channels then use left/right up/down arrow to get to a channel. Press OK to preview, if you like it press OK again for full screen.
If a channel does not work remember that in most cases if you arrow up and down [keys above and below “OK”] a few times slowly it may come back. This must be done when in full screen mode. Also remember, some channels do not broadcast all the time. We suggest you delete channels you do not want and those that have stopped working.
** PIN number is based on Matthew’s Gospel chapter 24 verse 14 and will be given to users by Christian TV if requested.
LOADING / SEARCHING FOR CHANNELS (without USB stick)
1. Press MENU and OK on Installation. Please enter your Pin No
2. Arrow down to ADVANCED SEARCH and press OK.
3. Arrow down so that TRANSPONDER is highlighted white on blue
4. Press OK and a list of transponders appears on the right
5. Arrow UP and DOWN until you see the frequency that you require Then press OK
6. Check down the list that search type is FTA [Free To Air FREE Channels]
7. Network search should be set to off. (Arrow right on items 6 & 7 to change)
8. SCANNING Press small red button next to the green button and the channels will be added.
9. NEW TP. Should the transponder that you want not be on the Satellite, that is to say a new transponder has been added to the Satellite, you will need to press the green button to put in the new frequencies.
10. Put in the transponder frequency using the keypad.
11. Insert the symbol rate (normally 27500, but on BBC/ITV and the like it is 22000).
12. Polarisation: arrow left and right until you get the required polarisation. As you do this watch carefully for the level and quality which should change as you vary from V to H.
13. Make Search Type FREE TO AIR ONLY [FTA] (some free to air channels do not come through on this, and if that is the case, then later do it again choosing ‘all channels’).
14. NETWORK SEARCH – leave that OFF, and press the red button to Scan and Save those settings.
Always remember that on searching the new channels are added at the end of the list. When you have added all the channels you want, go back to Editing Channel and delete the ones you do not require.
1. Press MENU. Insert PIN number
2. Arrow down to EDIT CHANNELS. Press OK Enter PIN.
3. Arrow Down to DELETE CHANNELS, and press OK.
4. Do NOT use the INFO button, as this will delete all channels.
5. Now press OK on the channels you want deleted. The system puts a white X on that channel and will automatically move to the next channel number. If you make a mistake, press OK again on that channel and it will un-mark it.
6. Arrow up or down past any channel you wish to keep. [If you press OK it will mark an “X” on that channel and delete it on exit.]
7. Channels for deletion now have a white cross on them. Press EXIT. You will get a message ‘Do you want to delete?’ Arrow left to YES and press OK on YES.
8. Channels have now been deleted.
1. Press MENU
2. Arrow to EDIT CHANNELS. Insert PIN No
3. Arrow down to MOVE CHANNELS and press OK.
4. Arrow to the channel you wish to move, and press OK. This will put a double blue arrow(up and down) on that channel and move to the next channel. As you go down the list press OK on any channel you wish to move. (If you make a mistake just press OK again on that channel to remove the blue arrows).
5. When you have marked all the channels you wish to move this time, Press Info. An orange line will appear.
6. Move the orange line to where you wish to insert the moved channels. Press OK. The moved channels will be inserted.
7. Repeat Nos 4,5,6 if you wish to move other channels
8. When you have moved all the channels you wish to move, press EXIT
9. Arrow to “YES” and press OK. Press Exit, Exit to quit
We hope this manual is useful to you, if you feel we can improve it do let me know. David